Michael R. Mushkin, Esq.
Michael Mushkin has served as the principal owner and operator of the Michael R. Mushkin & Associates law firm from its inception, concentrating in the practice areas of real estate law, transactions, negotiation, contracts, construction law, construction defect, civil litigation, corporate and business law, bankruptcy, Federal income tax issues, and divorce.
An experienced litigator in bench and jury trials, Mr. Mushkin has successfully litigated numerous complex civil cases, including condemnations, partitions, contract disputes, construction defects, real property issues and landlord-tenant disputes. Starting in 1981 as lead counsel in defending the IRS’ collection efforts against Las Vegas hotel card dealers, Mr. Mushkin has handled large groups of clients. Mr. Mushkin successfully represented the class of depositors in the Allstate Thrift receivership and liquidation in the Eighth District Court, Clark County with uninsured depositors receiving in excess of a 70% recovery. He has been responsible for the assemblage, acquisition and entitlement of numerous real estate parcels including the sites of Wynn, Bellagio and Fashion Show Mall expansion.
Mr. Mushkin has negotiated, supervised and closed acquisitions and sales of over One Billion dollars’ worth of commercial and residential properties, has been involved in several business refinances and restructures, and has represented diverse interests in Zoning, Planning, and Use Permit applications in Clark County, Nevada.
Michael Mushkin regularly conducts seminars on behalf of the National Business Institute, on topics including Nevada foreclosures and repossession, UCC, and Federal bankruptcy issues.
• Real Estate transactions • Construction and Lien • Civil Litigation • Business Law • Bankruptcy • Divorce
• Mushkin R. Mushkin & Associates, PC (1987 to present)
President/Managing Director of Michael R. Mushkin & Associates, Inc.,
a professional corporation; formerly did business as Mushkin & Hafer from 1990-2005
• Waterman & Mushkin (1982 to 1987)
Partner in civil and criminal law practice
• Goodman, Oshins, Brown & Singer (1979 to 1981)
Attorney transactional practice including sports, management of principally tennis players, and participation in civil litigation matters
• City of Caliente, Nevada (1989 to 1991)
• Lincoln County, Nevada (1987 to 1990)
Deputy District Attorney
• Admitted to practice, 1980, Nevada
• Admitted to practice, 1981, United States Tax Court
• Admitted to practice, 1984, United States District Court, Nevada
• Admitted to Practice. 2012, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
• Indiana University School of Business
Bachelor of Science in Business with High Distinction, 1976
• Georgetown University
Juris Doctorate in Law, 1979
Justice Department Honors Program
• Collection Law: The Ultimate Guide (December 2016)
• Piercing the LLC or Corporate Veil: Start To Finish (December 2015)
• In-Depth Title Insurance Principles (December 2006 & 2007)
• Real Estate Law: Advanced Issues and Answers (May 2007)
• Impact of Bankruptcy on Dissolution of Marriage in Nevada (2002)
• Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Issues in Nevada (2001)
• Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Issues in Nevada (2000)
• Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Issues in Nevada (1999)
• Nevada State and Clark County Bar Associations
• Nevada Trial Lawyers Association
• American Bar Association
• Participant in the Nevada Law Foundation
• Former member of the Board of Directors of Christmas in April
• Life Member, Indiana University Alumni Association
Place of Birth: Born in Las Vegas, Nevada, January 18, 1954